Call us


How do I join the Australian Street Rod Federation?

Quickest way, if you have a credit/debit card, is on the website 

Alternatively phone or email the National Office, 07 55762100 or

Or PO Box 2569, Burleigh BC, QLD 4220

I want to talk to the WA Director, I have a question?

Freecall 1800 960 468

What’s happening; car cruises, shows, events and news?

Go to our Facebook page Australian Street Rod Federation Western Australia. Also, you could subscribe to our excellent magazine Rod Tork.

I’ve got a street rod/ customised car I think could be featured in the ASRF magazines. How do I go about that?

We welcome contributions with clear, medium size photos supported by some info about the build, history, technical features, sports achievements and so on. Even better if you can write it then the Editor just has to tidy it up to fit the pages. Write to 

What’s a Sanctioned Event?

If the ASRF provides a Sanctioned Event status, the Members who participate are protected by our Public Liability Insurance.

Where can I get the latest copy of the Street Rodders Handbook?

You’ll find  is on the website 

I need car insurance at a fair price?

Shannons Insurance is a major sponsor of the Australian Street Rod Federation’s events. Shannons will make a special policy for your special vehicle, while being restored or constructed, in storage, for limited use or daily use.

I want to build a street rod. What do I need to know?

ASRFWA and the TAC can assist you from the first page of your application to driving it out of a DoT Authorised Inspection Station. There is a once only fee, $250, paid to us. Our skilled and knowledgeable volunteer inspectors, plus our vast membership, will help you with advice and friendship when you need it. Go to our page Technical Advisory Committee.

I have bought an Eastern States street rod. How do I get it registered?

Join the ASRF Inc. , then phone the number on our Technical Advisory Committee page before you waste any money.

What’s the TAC do?

The Technical Advisor Committee in WA is recognised by the WA Department of Transport as representing street rodders. The TAC provides advice to the DoT related to rod building practices described in the National Guidelines for Street Rod Construction. They will also talk to DoT on your behalf if you are experiencing difficulties with registering you vehicle which was constructed under TAC supervision.

The ASRFWA has an Inspection Service. Tell me more.

The TAC operates an Authorised Inspection Station, currently in Malaga. We provide Annual Inspections of street rods for a nominal fee, then lodge the inspection report with Department of Transport. We negotiate for you in the event of a dispute with DoT about your street rod registration.

My rod is due for its annual inspection soon. I don’t want the rego to expire. What can I do?

Our TAC have inspections on the 3rd Saturday of the month. Fee is $50. Book this by phone. Contact volunteer Frank Di Virgilio 0417 622 663.

Google DoT Authorised Inspection Stations and make a booking. Pay your $140.

I’m under 18 years of age. Can I get involved with street rodding?

Sure can! We have a page with things you can get involved in with ASRFWA. Junior Rodders.

I’d like to help out with the activities of ASRFWA.

Members are always welcome as observers at our enthusiastic monthly Council Meeting. Start is usually 7:30pm in Malaga. And volunteers to assist our TAC, Junior Rodder, social events, publicity, etc,  are also valued. Phone the State Director for more info about your interests. Free call 1800 960 468.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *